The American Blood Clot Association: a Nonprofit Blood Clot Charity
Our Goal is to Reduce Blood Clot Deaths Per Year
The American Blood Clot Association is fighting every day to educate people on the signs and symptoms of blood clots.
We must significantly reduce the number of blood deaths per year.
Currently, in the United States, there is a low blood clot, DVT, and pulmonary embolism awareness level...our non-profit blood clot charity is going to change that!
Blood Clot Awareness Statistics:
Upwards of 2 Million Americans each year are affected by DVT (Blood clots in the legs)
- Approximately 300,000 Americans die each year from blood clots that travel from the leg (DVT) to the lungs (Pulmonary Embolism).
- The number of deaths from blood clots is more than breast cancer and AIDS combined.
- What is the leading cause of preventable hospital deaths in the United States? Blood Clots
- What is the leading cause of maternal death in America? Blood Clots
- 33% of people diagnosed with a pulmonary embolism(a blood clot that travels to the lungs) will die.
Join our Blood Clot Community
Don't become another statistic. Know The Signs. Know The Symptoms.
We need your help to spread blood clot, DVT, and pulmonary embolism awareness in order to change the way people and healthcare professionals think about these life-threatening conditions.
Feel free to join our online support group(social network), volunteer, or set up a fundraising event.
Please consider making a blood clot foundation donation today so that we may achieve our goals and reduce the number of blood clot deaths per year.
We would love to hear from you, so feel free to call, email, or join us online.